Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
Blueberry lemon ricotta pound cake is the perfect treat for sweet tooth people. Even people who are not fans of sweets and desserts find this cake appealing because of the tangy flavor of the sweetened cake. Because of the presence of ricotta cheese, this dish is a more nutritious option.
With just a simple lemony sugar glaze, this beautiful rustic blueberry ricotta pound cake is nicely balanced with the delicious combo of blueberries and lemon.
For breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, or dessert, a slice of this luscious pound cake will do the job perfectly! Blueberries with lemon zest are added to a pound cake that is gently sweetened and tangy.
Thanks to ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and tart lemon juice, this lemon pound cake recipe is lightweight and fluffy. The hefty & heavy blueberry pound cake is lightened by the addition of these two ingredients. A huge juicy blueberry is also the nicest part of the experience!
You’ll want just one more slice of this light and fluffy blueberry cake, which is brimming with fresh blueberries.
What are the Ingredients You Need to Make this Pound Cake Recipe?
blueberry ricotta pound cake requires the Following Basic Ingredients
➢ Baking Powder
➢ Ricotta cheese
For the lemon icing:
➢ Powdered Sugar,
➢ and Cream Cheese
For 8 to 10 servings I have used this amount of the ingredients to make a blueberry lemon ricotta pound cake
- A quarter cup of granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons of unadulterated butter at room temperature is recommended.
- 3 eggs have been kept at ambient temperature
- a quarter cup of part-skim ricotta cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest along with lime juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- White whole-wheat flour ( one-and-a-half cups)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- one-and-a-half teaspoons of salt
- 2 cups of freshly picked blueberries
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar that has been packed
Some tips for choosing ingredients:
❖ It’s best to use fresh, juicy blueberries in this recipe. There is a chance that the color of your cake batter could be affected by the use of frozen blueberries.
❖ It’s great if the unsalted butter, as well as eggs, are at room temperature for the best results.
❖ For optimal results, use whole milk ricotta. Our pound cake is moistened and mildly flavored with the addition of ricotta.
❖ Since we’re utilizing fresh lemon juice in this recipe, we’ll need to use the lemon zest as well. Using fresh lemon juice instead of bottled gives the dish a much more flavorful and vibrant finish.
How to Make the Best Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake Recipe
- First, the oven should be preheated. The required temperature for that can be 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Nonstick cooking spray and parchment paper should be used to line a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, as well as salt together. Set away for later use.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tbsp of flour with fresh blueberries. Set away for a later time.
- Butter and sugar should be creamed till light and fluffy, at least once with a hand mixer.
- The batter must only be made by using a single egg at a time. The ricotta mixture should be poured in and mixed on low until it is creamy and smooth. For about a minute, use a medium speed.
- On a low speed, add the flour mixture and combine just until it’s evenly distributed. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Put it in a pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray and mix it all together. Bake for an hour, you have to bake until a toothpick or a cake tester placed in the middle comes out clean. The borders of the cake should be just slightly browned.
- Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes in the pan on a cake cooling rack. Take the cake outside the pan gently pulling on the parchment while using a knife to free the cake’s edge from the pan. Before serving, let the cake chill fully.
For the coating: Lemon juice and confectioner’s sugar are mixed together in an individual serving dish. Using a pastry brush, drizzle or brush a layer of glaze onto the cake.
Preparation of Lemon Icing
I. All the products for the glaze should be combined in a large bowl. Use a handheld mixer to blend until smooth and creamy, being careful not to leave any clumps. Put a drizzle over the cooled cake.
II. Whether you don’t have cream cheese, a simple powdered sugar and lemon juice coating is also possible for the glaze.
III. You can use a small brush to dot the cake with glaze. About 10 minutes after applying the glaze, let it dry. The serving board should be adorned with cut lemons and blueberries.
IV. Serve the cake now! By all accounts, everyone who tasted it declared it to be the best in the bunch.
Tips for Making a Perfect Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake Recipe
Prepare your blueberries by dusting them with flour. Thus, your blueberries will not fall to the bottom of your bread.
Frozen blueberries can be used in place of defrosted fresh ones, so there is no need to warm them beforehand. It is important that you separate them before adding flour to the mixture.
For a few minutes, whip your sugar and butter together. This ensures that the batter is light and airy. Your cake will indeed be dense if you don’t do this step.
Eggs should be at room temperature by placing eggs in lukewarm water for a few minutes. Your blueberry lemon ricotta pound cake will be lighter and fluffier as a result of the addition of air to the mixture.
Plan Ahead: Before serving, drizzle the glaze over the baked goods.
The Bundt pan should be ready: Turn the oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for about 55 minutes. Make sure to oil the Bundt pan with nonstick spray or butter before baking the cake.
Turn the pan upside down on a wire rack after it has cooled for 10 minutes.
Lemon pith should be avoided while zesting; only the yellow zest should be used. Your blueberry lemon ricotta pound cake will taste bitter because of the pith.
The butter should be at room temperature. For a wonderfully creamy cake batter, use this to combine your butter and sugar.
To get the perfect crust for your pound cake, don’t overdo it when it comes to mixing. Be cautious not to overmix the remaining ingredients, though, as you put them in.
Before applying the glaze, make sure the cake has totally cooled.
For a healthier pound cake recipe, you can use sour cream or yogurt instead of ricotta.
For future use, store the cake in a sealed container after wrapping it in foil. It will be in fresh condition for up to 4 days.
In order to freeze, wrap each slice individually in foil and store it in a container in the fridge bag. This way, food can be kept for a long time, up to three months.
Healthy alternatives for a healthy pound cake recipe: In place of whole wheat or almond flour, use 12 cups of all-purpose flour. To compensate for the lack of moisture in whole-wheat flour, an additional tbsp of ricotta cheese can be added, whereas almond flour yields a softer crumb.
A member of our Air Fryer Review team reviews each of our culinary recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Frozen Blueberries Qualify as a Replacement for Fresh Blueberries? Definitely! In addition, please note that they could change the batter’s color slightly.
It’s possible that the blueberries in this batter will become a different shade as they melt. Unless absolutely necessary, keep them in the freezer and only bring them out when absolutely necessary.
Can I preserve the Leftovers in the Fridge?
3 to 4 days after a meal, keep any leftovers in an enclosed chamber.
Does Blueberry Ricotta Puff Cake freeze well?
Of course! Slice up the blueberry lemon ricotta pound cake if you can’t finish it all before it turns sour. To keep the cake fresh, wrap every slice many times.
You may keep this in the refrigerator for up to six months if you use a Tupperware container or bag designed for freezing. A sweet treat is never far away when you do it this way.
It’s also possible to create the complete blueberry lemon ricotta pound cake and freeze it. Before serving, allow the baked cake to cool down to room temperature.
Three times-wrapped plastic wraps will keep it frozen for 6 months. It’s best to keep it in the refrigerator for at least 1-day prior to serving.
Is it possible to bake in a loaf pan?
Pound cake with blueberries, lemon, and ricotta can definitely be baked in a loaf pan! Same length of time in the oven. With a toothpick, always check the middle for doneness. A few crumbs are all that’s left when it comes out of the oven.
Is it possible to make lemon blueberry ricotta Bundt cake?
Yes, it is! You can make the lemon blueberry ricotta Bundt cake using all the ingredients used for pound cake. You just have to use a Bundt cake pan to pour the cake mix. That’s all.
Is the ricotta cheese used in the lemon pound cake recipe part skimmed or low fat?
Although it is possible to make blueberry ricotta pound cake with part-skim or low-fat ricotta, I do not recommend it. This cake gets an extra boost of flavor and moistness from the use of full-fat ricotta. The other kind can be used if necessary or desired, but the cake will have a slightly different flavor.
Additional Delicious Recipes to Try
One of our favorite ways to eat tomatoes is with our Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta. If you enjoy cooking with tomatoes as well, be sure to try these other delectable recipes:
- Yummy Apple Cider Pancake Recipes
- Healthy Cucumber Chickpea Salad Recipe
- Best Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta Recipe
- Beans on Toast Recipe – How to Make it Perfect?
- Best Way to Make Mahi Mahi Recipe Air Fryer – Recipe for Chicken, Fish & Veggies!